EMPRESS is Great for Applications that Require Fast, Reliable Database Management:
- Small Footprint enhances use of RDBMS for compact applications.
- Kernel and SQL Interface Routines allow multilevel control in the Empress layered architecture for optimization and rapid prototyping.
- Fast Bulk Data Handling allows performance approaching flat file access speeds for binary objects (BLOBs).
- Bulk Chunks allow you to slice up large binary objects into smaller segments thus optimizing your system performance.
- Unlimited Attributes and File Indexes optimize performance.
- Persistent Stored Modules cut down development time by providing the power to create reusable functions for data manipulation.
- Triggers and Stored Procedures are stored and executed directly on the server and enhance the efficiency of database applications by eliminating repetitive programming and making automation easier.
- No Database Pre-Partitioning is required, thereby making optimal use of the native O/S file system.
- Referential Constraints and Range Checks ensure data integrity.
- Micro-Second Time Stamps allows you to store and retrieve the occurrence of real-time system events down to a millionth of a second.
- Layered Architecture Accessible at 4 Levels lets developer trade- off between low level system optimization and rapid prototyping.
On Selected Platforms, Additional Options Include:
- JDBC Interface allows Java programmers to access the database using standard JDBC calls.
- C++ Host Language Interface call MR routines directly from C++ programs.
- Database Encryption Capable encrypt sensitive data with fast retrieval to protect data.
- 64 BIT Operating System Enabled for storing and manipulating much larger data using the latest operating system technology.
- UTF-8, UNICODE & National Language Support allows different language character sets to be used at both the program and HTML file page level.